These Banana Pops will satisfy any cravings you may have for chocolate or icecream. It is every bit as creamy, sweet and chocolatey. The best part is that you can pretty much tailor it to whatever flavours you enjoy. Also, it is super quick and easy to make. If you're like me you might not have the patience to actually wait for the bananas to freeze - still delicious! If you're after that ice cream fix though it is REALLY worth it to wait an extra 30-45mins for the bananas to turn deliciously cold and creamy in the freezer. Here's how:
6-8 Ripe bananas
Wooden ice cream pop sticks (you can usually get these from craft stores)
Chocolate Topping -
1/3 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
1 Tb maple syrup
Coconut Nut Butter Topping –
2 Tb any nut butter (I LOVE mayvers super spread)
1 Tb coconut milk
1 Tb coconut oil (melted)
Toppings & Trimmings -
chopped raw nuts
1. Peel and cut the bananas into halves. Put a wooden stick into each half.
2. Mix together chocolate topping ingredients until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together coconut nut butter topping ingredients until smooth.
4. Dip the bananas - some can be just chocolate, some just coconut nut butter, or some can be both. It is up to you!
5. Lay on a tray lined with baking paper.
6. Scatter with toppings.
7. Place tray in freezer for 30-45mins.